Go to the SCM Globe home page (www.scmglobe.com) and click on the blue “Log In” button in upper right corner of the screen (red arrow).
This brings you to the SCM Globe application screen where you can activate a Prepaid Account or purchase a New Account. For either one, begin by clicking on the blue “Register” button (red arrow).
[Note: If you had an account on SCM Globe within the last 12 months, and are re-activating it using the same email address, then no need to re-register — just use that email and your password on the home page. If you forgot your password, click on the “Forgot password?” link under the “Login” button.]
Click on the blue “Register” button and see the registration screen shown below.
Type in your first and last name (arrow 1).
Type in the email address for your account (arrow 2).
[ If your account is prepaid or is a trial demo account be sure to use the email address related to that account.]
Make up and enter a password to use with your account (arrow 3).
Click the “I’m not a robot” box in the CAPTCHA box, and respond to the question or challenge that pops up.
Then click the “Sign up” button (arrow 4).
- If you activate a prepaid account, you will go directly to your Account Management screen as shown below. Be sure to use the email address registered for this prepaid account.
- If you purchase a new account, you will go to the payment screen. Click on the yellow “Buy Now ” button for the Student Edition or the Business Edition. That will take you to the PayPal screen where you use a credit card or PayPal account to make your purchase (see prices in SCM Globe Pricing). When your payment is processed, you come to your Account Management screen as shown below.
- Student accounts default to 90 days from date of purchase, but if your semester is a few weeks longer, then send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. State your name, the email address you used to register, your school, and your semester end date. We can extend your account to cover your entire semester.
- An instructor may request extended access if a student has an Incomplete for the course. The student must discuss their need with their instructor who will make the extension request if it is approved by the instructor.
- If you get the error message “Email has already been taken”This error message means you are using an email address you used to activate an account on SCM Globe in the last 12 months. In that case, you do not have to re-register. Just logon at the SCM Globe home page by typing in your email address and your old password.
- If you forgot your password, then click on the “Forgot password?” link under the Login button to reset your password. The screen below will appear. Type in your email address, and within one minute you will get an email from “email@example.com” with a link and instructions to reset your password. Check your email Spam folder if you do not see the email in your Inbox.
AFTER YOU REGISTER ONCE, you log into SCM Globe by entering your email and password on the application screen and click “Login”. If you try to register again with the same email address you will get the error message “Email has already been taken”.
Account Management is where you start whenever you login. It’s where you manage your different supply chain models and your account.
From your account screen you can perform these functions:
- Load case studies (arrow 1) from the library by clicking on the “View Library” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Open this Online User Guide by clicking “Help” button (arrow 1), new browser tab opens with easy to find answers for your questions.
- Create a new supply chain (arrow 2) from scratch by clicking on the “Create a New Supply Chain” button.
- Upload a supply chain model (arrow 3) sent to you by another SCM Globe User by clicking on the “Upload Save File” button.
- See when your account expires (arrow 4) and purchase more time as needed. Click on the purple “Purchase More Time” button on the right side of the screen.
- IF YOU ARE A STUDENT, subscriptions default to 90 days – look at your account expiration date and tell us if you need to extend your subscription by a few extra weeks to cover your whole semester. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – tell us your name, your school, the email address you used to register, and the end date for your semester. We can extend your subscription to cover your whole semester!
- Red arrow points to “Account Expires On:” see expiration date of your account.
…NOW TAKE 15 – 30 MINUTES and scan three short videos and three tutorials — see GETTING STARTED