When you have a supply chain model that performs well in simulations, you can share it with other people using SCM Globe by saving a copy of your model as a save state (a .json file) and downloading the file to your computer. Then you send it to others as an email attachment. When others receive your supply chain model (.json file) they can upload it into their SCM Globe account and run simulations to see how it performs. They can also edit the supply chain to add their own ideas and improvements and then send it back to you or anyone else for review.
[ If you are having problems with your supply chain model and want support from your instructor or technical staff at SCM Globe, the best thing is to DOWNLOAD A COPY OF YOUR MODEL AND ATTACH IT TO AN EMAIL you send to your instructor or to email@example.com. Then your instructor or people at SCM Globe can upload your model and run it and see the error, and advise you on how to fix it. ]
This is a three-step process illustrated by the three screen shots shown below.
STEP 1: Save the supply chain model to a “Save State”
- From the Account Management screen, click on the “Save” button
- Enter a name for the saved copy of your supply chain
- This saved copy will show up in the “Save States” section in the bottom half of the screen
STEP 2: Download the saved copy of your supply chain (.json file) to your computer
- Scroll down on your “My Account” screen and see the simulation you just saved at the bottom of your “Save States” list
- Click on the “Download Save State” button next to the simulation you want to download and the simulation will download to your PC as a file with the ending of .json
- Attach this .json file to an email and send it to other people using SCM Globe that you want to share your supply chain model with.
STEP 3: Uploading a Shared Supply Chain Model
When you get an email from someone who sent you a copy of their supply chain model, download the .json file they attached to the email. Then logon to SCM Globe and go to your Account Management shown below, and follow these instructions:
- On “My Account” screen, click “Upload Save File”
- A file directory window opens, locate the .json file and double click on it to upload
- Click “OK” button in dialog box showing successful file upload
- Find the uploaded supply chain model at the bottom of your Save States files and click on the “Restore” button. The simulation will show up at the bottom of your list of supply chains at the top of the My Account screen. Click the “Edit” button next to the simulation to open it up and begin working on it or run simulations with it.