You can share your supply chain model with other people using SCM Globe. When you share your model, other people can review it and make changes to it, and send it back to you. Regardless of whether you are using Apple, Android, Chrome, or Windows computers, you can download and share supply chain models with any other SCM Globe user. Do this by following these three steps (see screenshots and instructions below) :
1. Save a copy of the supply chain model to a “Save State”
- From the Account Management screen, click on the “Save” button
- Enter a name for the saved copy of your supply chain model
- This saved copy will show up in the “Save States” section in the bottom half of the screen
2. Download and share the supply chain model (.json file) with other SCM Globe users
- Scroll down on your “My Account” screen and see the supply chain model you just saved at the bottom of your “Save States” list
- Click on the “Download Save State” button next to the model you want to download and it will download to your PC as a file with the ending of .json
- Attach this .json file to an email and send it to other people using SCM Globe with whom you want to share your supply chain model.
NOTE: You cannot open a downloaded .json file outside of SCM Globe. To open a downloaded .json file first upload it to a SCM Globe account as shown in step 3 below.
3. Upload a shared supply chain model (.json file) to your account
When you get an email from someone who sent you a copy of their supply chain model, download the .json file they attached to the email. Then login to SCM Globe. Go to your Account Management shown below, and follow these instructions:
- On “My Account” screen, click “Upload Save File”
- A file directory window opens, locate the .json file and double click on it to upload
- Click “OK” button in dialog box showing successful file upload
- Find the uploaded supply chain model in your Save States files, and click on the “Restore” button. The supply chain model will then show up in your list of active supply chains at the top of your account screen. Click the “Edit” button next to the model to open it up and begin working on it or run simulations with it.
If you are having problems with your supply chain model and want support from your instructor or from technical staff at SCM Globe, then DOWNLOAD A COPY OF YOUR MODEL AND ATTACH IT TO AN EMAIL. Send it to your instructor or to email@example.com. This way your instructor or people at SCM Globe can upload your model and run it and see the error, and advise you on how to fix it.